SKY RUNNING ACROSS THE JULIAN ALPS
Trail Running holidays in Slovenia. An amazing Hut-2-Hut trail running experience on the central part of the Julian Alps with running on enjoyable trails, local gourmet and untouched nature surpluses.
Central part of the Julian Alps in Slovenia, with its nearby hills, Soča river valley on the west and valleys of Sava river on the eastern side, offers excellent conditions for trail runners. This is an area, which is intertwined with marvelous trails that connect Alpine valleys. Trails run across an open alpine world, on the ridges of high mountain tops and through numerous mountain pastures.
Julian Alps Sky Running is fresh running tour in a remote hilly environment. Slovenia, with the wider area of the Julian Alps and other hills, offers all that and much more. For runners looking for an exceptional running experience. For running enthusiasts, who swear by beautiful running trails. For runners who want to connect the mountain area with mountain huts: Hut-2-Hut trail running.
This tour is designed by expert runners for runners.
- Duration: 6 days | 5 nights
- Activity: Trail Running | Hut-to-Hut running
- Length: 101 km | Elevation: +5.500 m
- Grade: Moderate.
- Accommodation: Small Hotels ***/**** and Mountain Huts
- Date: From June 15th to September 30th.
- Booking: Any day of the week.
- Start of the tour: Kranjska Gora, Slovenia.
- End of the tour: Bled, Slovenia.
- Price: 1.180,00 €/person (self guided tour, min. 2 people in group)*
- Note: This trail running tour involves running through remote and rugged terrains.
6 days / 5 nights
Self guided trail running
June 15th–September 30th
Small Hotels ***/**** and Mountain huts
Start of the tour on any day of the week.
Start of the tour
Kranjska Gora, Slovenia
End of the tour
Lake Bled, Slovenia
At Lajf Inc. we specialise in designing epic trail running holidays. We are committed to seeking out the very best in everything for our guests that only the knowledge and experience of our local team can provide. This running adventure holiday is open to ages 18. Must be able to complete 15–24 kilometres/day of running (hiking the longer uphill climbs on mountain trails and running the flats trails or gravel roads and downhills - trails). Some parts are quite rocky.
Items that are included in the cost of the tour price:
Items that are not included in the cost of the tour price:
Optional extra services, that are not included in the standard tour price:
Private Guided Tour
- Arrival to Ljubljana airport and transfer to Kranjska Gora.
- Introductory meeting.
- Afternoon option: Three Borders Run.
- Distance: 14 km | + climbing: 550 m |
- Surface: trail, gravel roads, tarmac.
- Overnight in Hotel, Kranjska Gora ***/****
- Breakfast in hotel.
- Private transfer to Tonka hut (20 min).
- Tonka hut (1420 m) – Pogačnik hut (2050) – Aljaž mountain hut in Vrata valley.
- Distance: 19.8 km | + climbing: 1.680 m | – climbing: 2.520 m |
- Surface: trail (90%), gravel roads (10% on start)
- Optional: Lunch in Pogačnik Mountain hut.
- Overnight: Well-known Aljaž Mountain hut (Vrata Valley).
- Breakfast in hut.
- Trail Run: Vrata valley – Luknja (1.754 m) – Triglav Lakes valley – Pri jezeru mt. hut (1.453 m).
- Distance: 22.5 km | + climbing: 2.490 m | climbing: 2.130 m
- Surface: trail (95%)
- Overnight Pri Jezeru Mountain hut.
- Breakfast in mountain hut.
- Trail Run: Pri jezeru Mt. hut (1.453 m) – Komna Mountain hut – Krn Lakes (1.371 m) – Krn Škrbina (2.058 m) Pri kuhinji Mountain hut (991 m)
- Distance: 23.5 km | + climbing: 2.121 m | – climbing: 2.590 m |
- Surface: trail (100%)
- Overnight in Mountain hut.
- Breakfast in hut.
- Trail Run: Pri Kuhinji hut (991m) – Tolminka valley – Tolmin.
- Distance: 19.5 km | + climbing: 1.480 m | – climbing: 2.350 m |
- Surface: trail, gravel roads.
- Overnight Hotel Tolmin ***
- Breakfast in hotel.
- Private transfer to Most na Soči.
- Transfer to Bled by well-known train via Bohinj.
Accommodation is in a combination of 3* hotels (comfortable with en-suite) and mountain huts. Mountain huts are basic, generally with excellent mountain views, hearty cuisine and warm atmosphere. In the mountain huts you will generally sleep in dorm rooms with 5–30 people. There are no showers in the mountain huts. Meals can be ordered in hut’s dining room. You can purchase picnic lunch supplies in towns before the tour or purchase lunch from accommodation providers the night before. It is always good to have snacks and energy bars with you, particularly when you are staying in the huts where supplies are limited.
- Day 1: Hotel***/**** in Kranjska Gora / double or twin room with breakfast.
- Day 2: Aljaž Mountain hut (Vrata Valley) / dormitory room, half-board.
- Day 3: Pri Jezeru Mountain hut (1.453 m) / dormitory room, half-board.
- Day 4: Pri kuhinji Mountain hut (991 m) / dormitory room, half-board.
- Day 5: Hotel*** in Tolmin / double or twin room with breakfast.
Trail Running Expert
Špela is an enthusiastic trail runner, a nature lover, and a fan of cycling and ski touring. By profession, she is a Kinesiologist – Master of Science, primarily interested in exercise physiology and endurance sports. She applies her expertise to trail running, assisting runners with preparation and providing advice on nutrition, recovery, injuries…
Špela is also a trainee for the UIMLA mountain leader. At LIFE Hike, she prepares and manages trail running programs and holidays. She is also involved in creating the Triglav Trail Run race, which is considered one of the most beautiful trail running experiences in the region. Špela will provide you with advice on running, information about the destination, and help you prepare for your trail running holidays. She will be there for tips on difficulty, the specifics of the trail, equipment advice, and any other information to make your trail running vacation a wonderful experience.
Sky Running Across the Julian Alps
Enjoy running on trails that will take you across an open alpine world, on the ridges of high mountain tops and numerous mountain pastures.